Transit Virtual Career Network
The Transit Virtual Career Network (TVCN) is the third in a series of online career portals developed to help Americans find good-paying, family-supporting positions in growing industries. The Transit VCN leverages an existing VCN platform, which includes a Healthcare VCN and a Green Economy VCN.
- Transit is a $55 billion industry, directly employing more than 400,000 people in the U.S., many in “middle skill” jobs that pay well and require less than a college degree.
- The industry is expecting strong hiring growth as nearly half of the American public transportation workforce is eligible to retire within the next 5 to 10 years.
- These numbers cut across all levels – from top-level management to front-line workers.
- The exit of these workers – coming as experts expect demand for public transportation to grow – will mean hundreds of thousands of job opportunities across public and private sectors!
- If you are a career counselor, the TVCN can help you help those in need of job and career pathway.
- Search for jobs, or look up education and training programs.
- Connect with career counseling.
- Read interviews from those in transit careers now.
- Explore financial aid.
- Investigate aptitude and assessment tools that work whether you are just starting out or looking to switch careers.
Explore the TVCN here: https://www.vcn.org/transit/
The Transit Virtual Career Network (VCN) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration under the leadership of Rutgers University and developed by APTA, NAWB, and XPAND with support of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration and the American Association of Community Colleges.