In these times of rapid and unprecedented change, our recognition of the critical need for urgent action in advancing greater workforce diversity and development, innovation and continuous learning, and “people-readiness” at all levels has risen to new levels. With a vastly changing national and global landscape – climate change, growing inequality, increasing digitalization, new players and business models – this webinar series will highlight the critical role of these careers in community building, achieving equity-centered and sustainable outcomes, and offer new insights on their potential to help redress historic systemic inequities in access to greater opportunities.
TRB will host the first webinar in this series on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern. Presenters will share emerging workforce needs and trends and suggestions for diversification and meaningful youth engagement in sustainable mobility and transport careers.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- The sustainable mobility and transportation landscape – Beverly Scott, Introducing Youth to American Infrastructure Inc.
- Innovation: new and emerging trends – Nathaniel Ford, Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Worker voices: making normal happen every day – Jamaine Gibson, Amalgamated Transit Union
- Question and answer session moderated by Jannet Walker-Ford, WSP
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the current national transport sector workforce challenges and opportunities
- Understand how coordination and integration support the community-building connection between mobility and transport careers
- Better prepare for transportation and sustainable mobility careers by possessing useful industry resources
The second webinar in this series, Sustainable Mobility: New and Expanding Opportunities, will be held on Wednesday, February 22, 2023. The third webinar in this series, Transportation Equity: Community-Building in Action, will be held on Wednesday, March 22, 2023.